Friday, May 13, 2011

terrarium with handmade mushrooms

So when I was a kid I was addicted to making things out of sculpty clay. Recently I was at a friends house and she had handmade mushrooms and instantly I was reminded of all the clay bunnies and such that I had made as a kid and thought I could make those with the same clay. So I bought some for like a buck and made some mushrooms. It is really nice because the clay fires for 15 min in the oven and the mushroom maybe took 10 min to sculpt. I defiantly love a quick craft, it makes you feel so accomplished. Anyway here is a terrarium I made with moss from my back yard and a strawberry plant. I also added some budding sticks and of course some handmade mushrooms.

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative and this is adorable. But what I really want to see are the birdhouses we discussed at Home to house your vegetable garden...oooh and I want pictures of your finished ottoman! :) (Hope I am not spoiling future posts-just excited to see more of your handy-dandiness!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely and so creative idea !! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful. I recently made a terrarium in a cracked cocktail glass, I used some moss from outside..but now after about a month it looks moldy. Has this happened to you? Any tips/advice?

    ReplyDelete